Hey beautiful people! This is a truly amazing, must try, hummus recipe. Stop everything you’re doing and make this recipe.
Okay so to start, here is the basic hummus recipe. You can use lemon instead of the lime, I like lime better.
- 1 can of chickpeas (side note for Curry Basil Hummus recipe*, set aside like 2 tablespoons of chickpeas to fry with the onions in continuing recipe)
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or be creative and try other oils!- I made this recipe with sunflower seed oil, or walnut oil is a personal favorite).
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3-4 tablespoons water – add slowly as you are blending the mixture until you achieve the consistency of your choosing.
Add all ingredients to a food processer and blend until smooth (2-4 minutes depending on your processor).
Okay you are half way to amazing. Now, try this curry basil hummus:
- 1-2 tablespoons sunflower seed oil (or another oil of your choosing)
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ small onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Use a spiralizer to spiralize the zucchini. Add to the hot oil and fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until it is nice and crispy. *Note: Zoodles have a lot of water in them so they can take a little longer to fry
- Remove the zoodles and dry with paper towels. Do not discard the oil. Toss the zucchini with the curry powder.
- Slice onion and add to the fry pan with the remaining oil. Cook on each side until lightly browned. If you opted to set aside the extra 2 TBS of chickpeas from the hummus recipe, you can fry the chickpeas now until lightly browned.
- Add your ingredients to your pre-made hummus: add half of the basil, half of the zucchini, half of the onions and half of the toasted chickpeas and stir until well combined. Top the hummus mixture with the remaining halves of basil, zucchini, onion and chickpeas. Oh my gosh. Bellissimo!
Eat your vegan heart out ❤
- EAT YOUR VEGAN HEART OUT